Thursday, July 7, 2011

My first post.....

Hello!! I am excited about this opportunity to have my very own blog spot. As this is my first entry I thought I must explain the name I have chosen for this blog. I struggled with finding the right name for a few days. I did what I always do when I struggle with a difficult situation or decision...I prayed.

The name "Two Phish Reflections" stems from a few ideas. I have often loved the spelling of fish as "phish". I once had a cat that I named "Katphish".  I found her abandoned and starving one night on my way home from an evening of cat fishing. I thought "Katphish" was a clever spelling for this small little creature.

Answering my prayers,  I recalled the miracle of "The feeding of the 5,000". According to wikipedia, it is the only miracle (apart from the resurrection) which is present in all four canonical Gospels (Mathew 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-17 and John 6:5-15). This miracle is also known as the miracle of the five loaves and two fish.

I love this miracle and it reminds me of god's grace and mercy. God has been my shelter through out the years and I want to dedicate my blog to the lord my savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment